Monday, January 23, 2012

Horrendous Evil


Yesterday was the 38th anniversary of Roe v. Wade and today is the March for Life in Washington, D.C.  For some reason the statistics on abortion vary; I read one report that said 30 million babies have been aborted in the U.S since Roe v. Wade and then another said over 50 million.  Either way, those are horrifying statistics.  
A few weeks ago I read a news story about babies that had been aborted late term - some very late term.  The little bodies had been shoved into freezers.  This story make me sick for two reasons: First, I had a funeral for my little baby when she died of natural causes at 37 weeks.  I can’t imagine someone “disposing” of her in a freezer!  Second, whoever did these late-term abortions clearly knew they were doing something wrong.  Why else would they try to hide the bodies of babies?  It is a sign of guilt that they tried to cover it up.
A country that allows the destruction of innocent life is deeply sick in it’s psyche and soul.
Pray for the end to this modern slaughter of innocents.  Pray for the fathers and grandparents of aborted children.  Pray for the mothers of aborted babies.  And, do something to stand up to this horrendous evil.  I’ve taken part in praying at abortion clinics but every time it has been at night or on a Sunday when a time-slot needed to be filled.  However, as the 40 Days for Life prayer campaign approaches, I feel God is calling me to go and pray during operating hours.  Please pray that I have the courage to answer God’s call.

No comments:

Post a Comment