Thursday, March 29, 2012

Words to Live By

While at the Y this morning, I met up with a friend that I hadn't seen in several months.  We spent a few minutes catching up.  I told her about our current "predicament" (oh, yeah, I'm still being vague).  Her reply to me was, "All in God's good time."
I laughed and said, "I had to run into you today, didn't I?"  
Later, I was chatting with my friend, Fr. Simon (of the most awesome Dominicans) and he told me about a prayer practice he recently picked up.  Every hour he repeats Mary's prayer, "Let it be done to me according to your word." (Luke 1:38, NAB).  
Okay, God, no need to break out the baseball bat; I think I've got the message this time.  I would like everything to be wrapped up nice and pretty with a bow on top right this very moment.  However, that's not going to happen.  I simply have to WAIT. 
I'm crap at waiting!!! I'm great at action.  Give me something to do and I'll get it done.  Tell me I have to 'sit back and wait' makes me all stressed out which makes me want to eat lots of chocolate!
AND...not only to do I need to wait but I have to be happy about the waiting and whatever it is that is coming my way.  I'd like to think that I'm pretty good with the "let it be done to me according to your word" but I'm not.  I want things done the way I think they ought to be done.  
Ugh!
So God, here I am.  Let it be done to me according to your will and your timeline.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment