Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One of those days

You know it's going to be a rough day when your 2 1/2 year old has four "time-outs" in the about 20 minutes and all before his regular wake up time.  


It looks like it might be one of those days...ugh!


I'm not a morning person and I become a cranky morning person when my little guy is poised to throw temper tantrums over every...little...thing.  I realize it's all part of Mommydom, but it can be hard to keep my cool when my child is flailing about, or my personal favorite, goes completely limp from head to toe as I pick him up.  While waiting for a time out to end, I was praying up a storm this morning.  


God, I don't want to start the day this way.  I don't want to start the day screaming at him.   I need some serious help.


This prayer was probably uttered many times this morning by millions of mommies around the world.  Sometimes prayers like this seem like whining compared to world problems, but then I remember that being a mom is the most important job in the world...and today it sure does seem like the hardest!


Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment