Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Different Day, Different Plan

Last week I posted that my parents sold their house and that we would be moving...yeah, that's not happening. The deal fell through and it looks like we're staying put...at least at this minute. The last couple weeks have been a little crazy with all kinds of changes and uncertainty.  Literally, each day of the last week has presented some new twist.  That's life, right?!

Today's Psalm response, "Lord, show us your mercy and love." (Psalm 85) reminded me of a conversation I had with my cousin a few weeks ago. I told her about all the unknowns in our life right now. At one point she asked me a great question, a really insightful question, "What do you want?"

I surprised myself by saying, "I don't know."

I've been thinking about that response ever since.  Sometimes life lays out too many options, so many that I can't really see what will be best for me and my family.  It's wonderful to have choices, but too many options can muddle my brain.  After the house sale fell through, I started praying, "God, you know what's best for me."  I promise that is not a cop-out prayer.  When life is so confusing it might be better to pray for God to show his love and mercy, rather than praying for life to go a certain way.

No comments:

Post a Comment